Up to February with Miss Smith 🐱🐝

Another month into the term and we have certainly been busy in p2/2!

In literacy we have been learning all about how to persuade people! We did so well with our persuasive writing that we were able to persuade Mrs MacDonald to give us an extra break time! We learned about why we might want to persuade someone and what words we can use to get people to see our point of view. We have also been continuing with our spelling and reading and my goodness me, I’ve been so impressed! It’s amazing to see how far all the children have come since the beginning of primary 2!

In numeracy we have continued to revise our numbers stories, learn about rounding and the butterflies and spiders have been doing vertical calculations! We have all been working so hard as well revising concepts like our months of the year, Ten and Units and finding missing numbers! Take a look at some of the things going on in the classroom.

In topic we learned all about different habitats and global warming. We have now moved onto the Romans and goodness me, what fun! Although we are only 2 lessons in, we’ve made some Roman temples out of cardboard which will be stuck up on our topic wall to make a village. Did you know that Emperor Caligula made his horse a consul? We learned that too!

In health and wellbeing we have been working hard at our gymnastics skills by improving our balancing and sequencing. The pupils all really impressed me with their hard work and how well they would self-assess and peer-assess one another. A fantastic block and we look forward to our rebound games before Easter.

We even had two of our own compete in the XA Factor as a dancing duo! Well done Cara and Eva! Well done as well to the pupils in the dance club who also competed, what a brilliant performance! I was so proud of you all!

Again, a total pleasure to have these hard working and fantastic young people in my class. A real joy to teach!

Miss Smith 🐱🐝 x