November with Miss Smith 🐱🐝

Wow. Another month done and dusted, how quick did that go?! We’ve continued to be super busy in p2/2, take a look at what we’ve been doing!

In numeracy, we’ve been looking at our numbers to 100, including counting in tens and units, counting quantities of pasta (which Miss Smith is still finding in her bags😱) and recapping our number names. I love seeing the confidence of the children grow in numeracy, and like I always say, ‘if it’s new and tricky, it’ll be easier tomorrow and even easier the next day.’

We have been busy practising our spelling and writing skills in literacy. We learned about what adjectives are and designed our own monster to help us practice describing. We’ve been practicing our tricky words and using them in sentences. Recently we made fruit kebabs to help us Β write instructions and they made Miss Smith super hungry! We discussed healthy foods and how we can make our own perfect fruit kebabs.

In Health and Wellbeing, we focussed on passing games and began to look at fitness in PE. We looked at sequencing steps and different races. We played trucks and trailers, tunnel tig and mirrors. In PSE we have looked at emotions and discussed when we have felt emotions like courage.

Β Β 

We have also been working super hard on our Nativity which we cannot wait to show you all! I cannot wait to see where they all get to before Christmas!

Miss Smith 🐝🐱