Hi everyone it’s Carly here, I hope you are all well !
It’s snowing! You will need to wrap up warm for this one. Here are some activities you can do in the snow:
- Build a snowman ( Who can build the tallest snowman?)
- Throwing snow balls ( See how far you can throw them)
- Fill an empty spray bottle with water (add food colouring) and make nice pictures in the snow. Or use some paint.
- Find a stick and practicing writing your name in the snow
- You can measure how tall or small it is
- Children are learning about facial features when adding eyes, nose and a mouth
- Can you throw it further this time? learning about distance
- Can you get it as far as that tree?
- Practicing writing your name in the snow develops literacy skills
- Gross motor skills are developed as it takes large movement of muscles to get through the tougher snow
- Weather- Is it hot or cold?
- Science- What happens when the temperature rises?
There are lots of things to do in the snow, why not make the most of it while its here. Let us know what you learned today.
Feel free to send us pictures on twitter @cartmillcentre
Have a great day!