Getting to know Iona Mitchell

Hi everyone I miss you all and hope you are all safe and well.

Here is a little more information about me to help you get to know me better.  I’m from Neilston and was born in 1979, I have a younger brother called Ross and a sister called Ailie we are a close family and very supportive of each other which is lovely . I came back into Child Care and education after bringing my family up, my eldest is seventeen.  I have worked with children all of my life and I really missed it. I was over the moon when I got a permanent job at Cart Mill family centre in January.

I’m married to James we were married at Eastwood house in 2001.

Do you like our farm themed cake? It has our house in the middle, our neighbour made it for us. Our honeymoon was in Cala d’Or Majorca  we have been back to Majorca many times James likes to drive around the island and explore it.

James and I have three children Jennifer Jamie and Rae. The top photo is us at North  Berwick we quite often go for a week in the summer with my parents. I have booked again for July hopefully we will get to go.🤞

Rae who is 9 likes to help out on the farm by collecting the eggs feeding the chickens  he even sometimes does a bit of tractor washing with the power cleaner. I think a bit of responsibility is good for him though he draws the line at helping to lamb a sheep.😂

We are very fortunate to live in the countryside I love going for long walks with my Collie dog Gael .  On the farm just now we have lots of foals being born it is also calving time though that’s definitely more my husbands department. I like to read non fiction books and autobiography’s. The last pop star I went to see was Shawn Mendes at the hydro, He was very good though I did feel a bit old sitting in between hoards of screaming  girls.

This is Jennifer my eldest we have miniature Shetland ponies she has won many prizes showing them.