Getting to know Sami

Hi everyone, Sami here! Time to share some things about me that you may not know 🙂 It’s been so nice reading everyone’s blogs. I’ve even learned some new things I didn’t know before!

During lockdown I have been painting feature walls galore, and upcycling all of my old furniture in my flat. I am missing my Friday night sewing dates I usually have at my Mum’s, so it’s been good getting creative in other ways. Although now that she has two new puppies, I think sewing date Friday’s may be a little tricky 🙂

My Mum got married in Australia to Gordon, who was her best friend in school. I even had the pleasure of walking her down the aisle. They are real life soulmates!

My Mum and I are like best pals and I am so blessed to have the relationship with her that I do. A lot of people think we look alike, do you think we do?

I also have a big brother Paul. We were always very close growing up. He even used to practice WWF wrestling moves on me!! Ironically, he has always been very protective of me 🙂  And we are still very close as adults 🙂

I love staying fit and trying to make exercising fun like hill walking, and have done the Race for Life the last few years too with my family. I will miss it this year, but am setting myself the challenge to run the 10k anyway on my own… Pray for Sami!

I have also attended a Mindfulness class for the past 3 years, and it has helped me lots during this time as it focuses on meditation and being present in the moment. For anyone who may find this helpful, the man who runs the class has made the facebook page public so that people can try and get a taste of mindfulness in the comfort of their own home. The facebook page is “Martin Stepek’s Ten for Zen.” I hope it helps you as much as it helps me!

Above all I am missing my family tremendously, and all my little friends too. Can’t wait to see everyone again when it’s safe to do so! Take care everyone 🙂 Sami xx