Friday 21st August 2020

It is the end of our first full week in primary 4!  Thank you everyone for working so hard this week.

We have been super busy this week, including celebrating Ameer’s birthday, using our hand washing posters to make sure we wash our hands correctly and ensuring we know how to communicate safely online through drama.  It was really important to remind ourselves about internet safety as the homework will be posted every Monday on Teams, where pupils can go to check their maths and literacy homework.  Each pupil will receive a maths jotter and a spelling jotter to keep at home.  Pupils are asked to use these jotters to complete their homework and post photos on Teams to show me all the amazing work they have been doing at home!

Last week Sophie became our first VIP Pupil of the week!  She was awarded dojo points for being kind and helping her friends.  This week Robyn is our VIP Pupil of the week!  Keep up the great work.

I would like to remind everyone that our PE days are Mondays and Fridays.  We will also be doing PE and other learning outside, so we ask that pupils come to school prepared for typical Scottish weather.  There is space in the classroom for pupils to leave their PE kits and their outdoor kits, if you would like to send in an outdoor kit.  It would be a massive help if you could ensure the pupils’ names are on all of their clothing.

I hope you all have an amazing weekend and I cannot wait to hear all about it on Monday!  Stay safe.

Miss McNeil

Welcome to Primary 4!

Welcome to Primary 4!

Welcome to P4b’s blog!  My name is Miss McNeil and I will be P4b’s teacher for this year.  We had a great first week back and the children have all settled in very well.

Last week we had an amazing time getting to know each other, creating our Star Wars themed class charter and establishing our new routines.  I am proud of everything everyone has achieved so far and I cannot wait to see what we achieve this week.

The pupils know their PE days and when their homework will begin, however I have included this information in this blog post for your records and I will continue to post key information on this page to keep you updated.

PE

P4b’s PE days will be on a Monday and a Friday this year.  This year we will be taken part in outdoor learning as much as possible, including PE.  When choosing the items for the PE kit please bare this in mind.  Please bring in the following:

• Suitable outdoor trainers
  • Shorts or jogging bottoms
  • A top
  • A waterproof top

The pupils can store their PE kits in the classroom, it would be great if you could ensure everything is labelled with the pupils name on their kit.

Homework

I will post homework on the blog the week beginning Monday 24th August.  I will provide further instructions next week.

Thank you for your support,

Miss McNeil

Today’s work 25th March

Thank you for your patience. All work seems to be back on Teams- I think the system is simply overloaded with everyone working from home. I intend to work between this page and Teams- depending on which one will let me post that day! Please check both pages daily as there is a chance that some of the work will appear on both pages on the same day!

Hope you are all enjoying the challenge of home schooling. Keep well everyone!

Mrs Phee

Banksy LIteracy Work 24th March 2020

banksy 24th march p18 and 19 comp

t-c-7829-writing-instructions-powerpoint_ver_4 (6)

1. Complete the comprehension task in your jotter.
  2. Read over the p point slides. These are for you to read and to begin thinking of your storywriting for Thursday of this week. You will complete a practical task of your choice at home- make a cup of tea/ bake some cakes/ make the bed etc – whilst you are doing the task, jot down how you did it- What did you do first? Next? After that?  On Thursday we will have as one of our tasks a set of instructions to write from the task that you did at home.