Trip to Scottish Parliament in Holyrood Edinburgh

On Wed 2nd November P6a and P6b visited the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh. We travelled by bus , it took us 1 hr and 30 mins to get there.

We had to go through security, which meant we put our bags and jackets into a tray which went through a scanner. We also had to go through a scanner.

Once we got in we went to the Education Centre where we learned about the history of the Parliament and worked in groups using props to tell the story of the parliament.  Our MSP Tom Arthur came to visit us too while we were there.

We then had a tour of  the building and we visited the debating chamber, garden room and saw some of the meeting rooms. Some MSP’s were holding committee meetings. We then had a visit from Maurice Golden from the Conservative Party and Ken Macintosh who is the Presiding Officer. He is in charge of all the MSP’s.

We really enjoyed our trip and learned lots about the Parliament. It was great to see the inside of the building.

Paige –  ” I enjoyed the question and answer session with the MSP’s”

Gary-  ” I liked going into the Debating Chamber and hearing what they were going to be discussing”.

Aiden-  ” I enjoyed getting to see where all the different parties sat in the Chamber”.

A big thank you to Mrs Muir and Mrs Burns ( parent helper) who came along to help us on our trip.

parliament-014

parliament-018 parliament-042