Trip to Amazonia

This week we went on our School Trip to Amazonia in Strathclyde Country Park. Building on our learning of how sound vibrations are carried we learned about different animals who live in the rainforest and how they communicate with each other. We even got to hold some of them!

“It was a really cool experience and we got to see animals we usually don’t get to see in this country.” – Lily

“I loved holding the animals.” – Gary

“I loved getting to see all the animals.” –  Aiden

Electrical Circuits

In Science we have been learning about electrical components and how they can be used to make a variety of electrial circuits. We started by looking at different symbols and what they represent. Then, after learning how energy travels around a circuit we used a range of electrical components to help make a variety of different circuits e.g. a torch, buzzer and an electric motor.

“I really enjoyed experimenting with the different components.” – Kenzie

“I had an amazing time doing this and it was so fun.” – Paige

RME Assembly

Over the last few weeks we have been learning about celebrations in different religions. To do this we looked at weddings and the various aspects of these celebrations in Christianity, Islam and Judaism. We tied our learning in RME to other curricular areas e.g. Technologies where we designed and built window frames.

We also used Weddings as our topic for our work in Expressive Arts. As part of this, with Primary 2 we turned our frames into stained glass windows just like you might see in a cathedral.

We then learned the song ‘Love Story’ by Taylor Swift and prepared and performed a drama of a Christian Wedding at our learning and teaching assembly.

“It was really good fun and amazing!” – Emily

“I really enjoyed preparing and performing the drama of a Christian wedding.” – Lewis