Diana Award

Congratulations to Eilidh (S6) who was awarded the Diana Award in Edinburgh to recognise her commitment and efforts to her community.  Eilidh attended the awards ceremony in Edinburgh with her family and Grace (S5).  She had the opportunity to meet with other Diana Award winners from across the country.  Eilidh was asked to provide some additional information on her amazing achievement:

“I was awarded the Diana award for my volunteering with the Girl Guides.   After attending guides throughout my childhood, I became a regular volunteer. I organise games and activities for the girls along with accompanying the guides on various trips. Due to the the vast number of guides, it would not be possible to continue our weekly meetings without volunteers. It also taught me commitment, organisation and responsibility. Through my volunteering I have now been asked to become an official young leader. I am thankful for my guide leader who has allowed me to take on this role and the school for helping me apply. It is a great opportunity and I would encourage anyone who does volunteering to apply for the Diana Award.”