Parent Conference

PICTURE 2On Tuesday 24 May, our first ever parent Conference took place. The evening started with a short introduction from Mr Inglis, Headteacher, and then a video about PICTURE 1Williamwood High School and the wider achievement opportunities available to pupils.  Parents/carers then selected two sessions to attend.  Over 120 parents participated in the sessions which covered topics such as social media; stress and anxiety; navigating the teenage years; the importance of sleep and emotional wellbeing; mindfulness, UCAS and college; modern apprenticeships, SAPPhire – skills for work, my world of work and sexual health.  Evaluations of the evening were all incredibly positive with parents/carers commenting that the sessions were “amazing and very informative” and that they “feel inspired to make positive changes in my relationship with my children”. Parents/carers also commented that the sessions were “informative, entertaining and superbly delivered”.  We would like to thank all of the guest speakers as well as parents/carers for making this event such a success.  A copy of the wider achievement video can be viewed here.