There are a number of useful links to websites for all pupils preparing for exams.
Resources for S6 pupils involved in Highers, Research & Advanced Higher, Applying for Sciences, Architecture, Medicine etc.
Study Skills and revision advice for S4-S6
S5/6 Research Sources:
Google Scholar – A great starting point for scholarly research. Some articles/papers are freely available on the web others may need to be requested from the British or London Library. Ask the Librarian for these.
30 free key websites Roddy Macleod’s website lists 30 places to find new scholarly research papers.
Journal Table of Contents This website lists the tables of contents from latest issues of journals.
Pinakes is a website hosted by Heriot Watt University. It provides a “Subject Launchpad”. Portals bring the best websites and collections of documents together in one place. Particularly useful and famous ones are:
- Bized (for Business Studies and Economics)
- Sci Central Gateway to the best Science News sources
- Sapling Architecture, Planning and Landscape information gateway.
- Physics World – News, views and information for the global physics community from the Institute of Physics
- Philosophy around the Web Don’t be put off by the amateurish look of this website. The main purpose of this site is to act as a guide and a gateway to philosophy resources on the Internet.
Revision & Research
Here’s some great revision advice taken from “The Student Room” 57 study, learning and revision habits of A-star students
EPQ Research – A Gateway to resources listed by Academic subject
Here’s a really useful Guide to researching the EPQ from Southampton University. useful advice on how to research and numerous useful weblinks and other sources.
Learning tool for all ages –Quizlet You can create quizzes to test your learning. Create a test for your general or subject knowledge. Just access the Quizlet website, create an account and start learning.
Memrise is a similar website.