This week all new Second Year pupils were given a copy of the Saint Ninian’s Primary Essay Competition Booklet that marked the Centenary of Catholic Education.
During 2018 the young people of Primary 7 from our associated primary schools, Our Lady of the Missions, Saint Cadoc’s, Saint Joseph’s and Primary 6 pupils from Saint Clare’s, submitted an essay on one of the titles below as part of our commemoration of the ‘1918– 2018 Centenary of Catholic Education in Scotland.’ The topics were:
- The motto of Saint Ninian’s is “Floreat Iuventus” which means “Let Youth Flourish”. How has your Catholic education helped you to flourish?
- Describe a teacher who has cared for you and inspired you to become a good person.
- Why is it important for us to learn about Jesus and the Church?
- Growing in responsibility.
- Why I pray.
- How I put my faith into action.
The booklet containing all of the essays can be viewed here: