Distance Learning

Monday 20th April 2020 – Head Teachers Letter

Welcome Back!

Dear Parent/Carer,

On behalf of all of the staff of St Luke’s, I would like to send my best wishes to you and your family at this difficult and unprecedented time.  I hope that you are all well and that your son/daughter has managed to adapt as well as possible to learning at home prior to the Easter Holidays.

On Monday 20th March, our teaching staff will again be providing continuity of learning and teaching through Google Classrooms during school hours.  If you child has any difficulty in accessing this, please let us know and we will work with you to find solutions.  In addition, our Pastoral Team have been working hard to check in with our families.  However, it will take some time to make contact with everyone and so, if you have a concern or a question which you would like to discuss, please email the school at: SchoolMail@st-lukes.e-renfrew.sch.uk stating your name and your child’s name.  Your child’s Pupil Support Teacher or Year Group Head will get back to you.

If you child is in the Senior Phase, we are awaiting a further update from the SQA on Monday 20th March with regards to what arrangements for certification will look like.  We will post this further update on our Website and Twitter account when it arrives.  Please be assured that we will work tirelessly to follow SQA instructions and to ensure that every young person receives the credit he/she deserves for their hard work and commitment to their studies this year.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your support and understanding as we strive to adapt to such a different way of learning.  I look forward to the time when we can open our school doors again.  In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address should I be able to be of any further assistance to you.

Yours faithfully,

Christine Downie

Head Teacher

Working from Home Information and Tips

As we move our education and learning out of the classroom and into our homes, see below links to information and tips on how to work and learn safely and healthy at home:

• BBC: Coronavirus: How to work from home
      BBC: Coronavirus: How to work from home, the right way

• McAfee: Working From Home? 5 Tips to Stay Secure
      McAfee: Working From Home? 5 Tips to Stay Secure

• SANS Security Awareness: Work-from-Home Deployment Kit
      SANS Security Awareness: Work-from-Home Deployment Kit

• Creating a Cyber Secure Home Video
      Creating a Cyber Secure Home Video

• Protecting Your Kids Online Video
      Protecting Your Kids Online Video

School closure – Distance learning provision

Letter emailed to all parents on Friday 20th March.
learning provision during school closures