9th October 2020

Hello everyone

I am sure you will be very much looking forward to the upcoming holiday week and I would like to remind all families that school will be closed to all children from Monday 12th October until Monday 19th October inclusive.  Children should therefore return to school on Tuesday 20th October as Monday 19th is an In-service Day for staff only. 

As previously mentioned in my update last week, I hoped to be in a position to share information with you in relation to Parent Meetings.  Due to the ongoing NHS advice and also Scottish Government restrictions, we are unable to conduct these meetings in the usual way.   Therefore, in line with other primary schools across the authority, we have made preparations to conduct these parent/teacher meetings via telephone conversations at this time.  These conversations will take place during the first two weeks in November and we will give you further information in relation to this after the holiday next week.   I do hope that you will understand why we need to hold these meetings using this format just now and I also hope that conducting these via the telephone will ensure that all parents and carers can easily participate. Thank you for your support with this.

On Tuesday 20th October, your child will bring home two additional jotters – one for Literacy and one for Maths.  I would be very grateful if you could ensure that you ask your child to take these out of their schoolbag and you then simply store these jotters in a safe place at home as they are intended for our pupils to use at any point in the future should they need to self-isolate and complete school work at home.

Attached to this email, is a Children’s 1st Leaflet.

Have a really lovely holiday everyone. I hope that all families enjoy spending some peaceful time together and, as always, most importantly stay safe and well.

Mrs Donaldson,