Home Learning Resources – Primary 1
Home Learning Resources – Primary 2
Home Learning Resources – Primary 3
Home Learning Resources – Primary 4
Home Learning Resources – Primary 5
Home Learning Resources – Primary 6
Home Learning Resources – Primary 7
Leaflets to Support Home Learning in Literacy
- Stay Home and Read
- Stay Home and Write
- Read to your Child
- Stay Home and Begin Writing
- Stay Home and Talk
Home Learning Reading Resources for all stages
- Oxford Owl – Excellent e-book library with levelled texts for reading at home.
- Book Trust – Online , books and games and videos to support home learning
- The Scottish Book Trust – Watch interviews and access storytelling on demand.
- BBC School Radio have a range of books and stories to listen to at different levels
- Download the Borrow Box app and log in with your East Renfrewshire Library card to borrow e-books from their online library.
Home Learning Numeracy Resources for all stages
- Numeracy and Mathematics Handy Hints – we hope this information will be helpful to you.
- Maths Videos for Parents/Carers
- East Renfrewshire Williamwood Cluster YouTube Video Clips
Home Learning web sites covering a variety of curricular areas – for all stages to access
- BBC Learning: This site is no longer updated but there’s so much still available, from language learning to BBC Bitesize for revision. No TV licence required except for content on BBC iPlayer.
- Blockly: Learn computer programming skills – fun and free.
- Scratch: Creative computer programming
- National Geographic Kids: Activities and quizzes for younger kids.
- Duolingo: Learn languages for free. Web or app.
- Nature Detectives: A lot of these can be done in a garden, or if you can get to a remote forest location!
- DK Find Out: Activities and quizzes
- WOW science – Science experiments and activities to try out for yourselves
- Outdoor Learning activities – Activities to keep you healthy outside
- Art activities – Activities from the Tate Modern Gallery for children
- BBC History – A site which will help you to delve into history in an educational and fun way.
- Scottish activities – find out about where you live and have fun with some interesting activities
The Websites below are supporting ICT and Online safety for all children during any Home Learning. Please feel free to have a look at these and share with your children.
|Think U Know||http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk|
|The Internet Safety Resource||http://www.fkbko.co.uk/|
|Get Safe Online||http://www.getsafeonline.org/|
|Be Safe Online||http://www.besafeonline.org|
|Have Fun – Stay Safe||http://www.havefunstaysafe.info/cms/|
|Know IT All||http://www.childnet-int.org/kia/|
|ERC Child Protection Information about Community and Online Safety||http://www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/article/2837/Child-Protection-Information-about-Community-and-Online-Safety|