NPS Friday Bundle 11.12.20

Hello everyone

Firstly, I would like to say a huge thank you to the parents who have got in touch to offer their input by way of photos and videos in line with our celebration of world religions and cultural traditions.  Our classes have enjoyed learning about Christmas and Hanukkah during assemblies and also in some classes this week.  Having real photos and short video clips has really brought these celebrations to life.  Thank you so much, please do continue to get in touch with me throughout the year if you would like to support the learning in Netherlee in this way.

I indicated last week that, as is the case each year, the school will close at 2.30pm next Friday ahead of the holidays.  As our P1 and P2 children already leave a little earlier each day, these stages will therefore finish at 2.15pm on Friday.

Please find attached a note with regards to the P7 teachers who are planning a movie afternoon.

Due to P1 and P2 children watching their online live pantomime next week, they will be having a slightly earlier lunch on the following dates and times.

• P1 – Wednesday 16th December: 12.10 – 12.55
  • P2 – Thursday 17th December: 12.10 – 12.55

Could I please respectfully remind everyone that whenever possible, only one adult should drop off or collect our children from school and nursery.  This simple act would very much help with the volume of adults required to come to Netherlee and would therefore greatly help with your ability to social distance from each other.  Thank you for your help and support with this very important point and also for continuing to wear face coverings in order to continue to work together to keep our community as safe as possible just now.

I am sure you will agree that our children and staff have all worked very hard since coming back to school in August and I am sure you will be looking forward to a rest as much as we all are.  As such, there will be no homework next week and we would love it if instead, you could post some lovely photos on Twitter of some of the activities and fun preparations that are happening at home ahead of the very special holidays.  Indeed, if you would like to do this, the link is https://twitter.com/sand_nc.  Please do visit us on Twitter as this is a super way of looking through a window into lots of what is happening in our school and nursery as well as enjoying seeing how compassionate our children and staff are.  For example, this week some children have put together letters, a video Christmas message and also prepared well over 100 Christmas Gift Bags for our local care home residents as well as one class also writing letters to refugee children in Glasgow – how lovely.  Many classes are also creating Christmas and Winter artwork to give to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in order to brighten up their Emergency Department in order to spread some festive cheer!  These acts demonstrate very well Netherlee’s status as a Gold Rights Respecting School as well as showing our pupils acting as responsible citizens in their community.

I will be back in touch next week with our Stage Sway Newsletters which, as always, will include lots of lovely photographs for you to enjoy but, until then, have a really lovely weekend everyone.

Mrs Donaldson