Friday Bundle 18.09.20

Good afternoon everyone,

Firstly, as we continue to work through these ongoing and somewhat difficult times, I was really delighted to have some lovely news shared with me from one of our P7 parents.  Her daughter’s photographic portrait has been selected as one of the 100 winners out of 31,000 entries for the “hold still” exhibition to be exhibited at the National Portrait Gallery and featured on billboards around the country.  The exhibition was judged by HRH the Duchess of Cambridge and viewed by the Queen. Please do visit the National Portrait Gallery website or visit Netherlee’s TWITTER feed to be able to enjoy this and all the winning portraits.

We are very much looking forward to the long holiday weekend coming up next week but most especially to our Dress as A Scarecrow Day on Wednesday.  It is lovely to see some new Netherlee “visitors” in the form of all the class scarecrows who are appearing everywhere.  What a lovely idea – thank you PTA and thank you staff for embracing this lovely activity!  We can’t wait to see these creative characters displayed all over the Netherlee Community very soon.

Please do continue to get in touch with us via the usual school or nursery email systems.  Thank you for not contacting teachers and staff using notes in school bags or by using their individual email addresses.  This really helps us to make sure that all messages and important pieces of information are passed on quickly to the correct and most appropriate member(s) of staff.  Thank you.

I do also have to let you know that Debby Biddles, Netherlee’s Parent Council Chairperson, has let me know that she has resigned from this position.  I am both personally and professionally very saddened and disappointed that this has occurred.  I have thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated both the challenge and support that Debby has given to myself as Head Teacher and to the whole school.  For the past two years, she has undertaken the work of the Parent Council with great passion and drive, always retaining focus on us providing the very best experiences for the children in Netherlee.  I am therefore certain that you will want to join me in thanking Debby, on behalf of the wider Parent Forum, for the time and dedication that she has given during her time as Chair of the Parent Council.  I will of course keep you updated on any updates in relation to this as I receive them from the Parent Council.

Finally, please look out for our new Sway Stage Newsletter links which I will send home to you next week.  These will give you a lovely insight into some of the fun learning that is taking place right now in school and nursery.

Please get in touch with me if you would like more detailed information about any aspect of our School and Nursery Improvement Plan or have a question – no matter how small a question it may seem to you.  I really do want to ensure that I keep everyone updated and informed as much as possible.  I will of course be more than happy to help and, if appropriate and would be of interest to all parents, I will share the information with all parents via these weekly updates.

Also attached is information from the PTA with regards to Christmas Cards (information in child’s school bags), Dress as a Scarecrow Day on Wednesday and the upcoming Scarecrow Trail. 

Enjoy the weekend everyone, I think we are all going to be able to enjoy some lovely weather, so let’s all get outdoors as much as possible and please continue to look after yourself.

Warmest wishes

Mrs Donaldson