Dear Parent/ Carer
East Renfrewshire schools will only be closed in extreme circumstances.
- If the school is closed during the course of a school day, you will be contacted in the first instance by text message, email and Twitter. Please ensure that we have a current mobile phone number on your records for this purpose.
- The text will ask you to make arrangements to collect your child as soon as possible. You cannot reply to this message.
- Please do not phone the school unless absolutely necessary as we have a limited number of external phone lines.
- Your child will be kept in school until he/she is collected.
- Once the school has been officially closed, regular updates will be posted on East Renfrewshire Council’s website, the school website and Twitter.
In the event of heavy snow, our janitors will clear a path from Hunter Drive to the front door. Please look out for signs directing you if we have to make changes to this arrangement.
Arrangements for re-opening the school will be communicated to parents via the school’s website and other local media.
Sharon E Hunter
Information on current Winter Weather conditions can be found here: