Placing Requests

You have the right to make a placing request for your child or children to be educated in a school other than your local catchment school.


Your successful placing request to a primary school is valid only until the end of primary 7. If you wish your child:

  • to attend a secondary school other than your catchment secondary or,
  • to move from a denominational primary to a non-denominational secondary or,
  • to move from a non-denominational primary to a denominational secondary,

you must make a further placing request for a place in S1 in your chosen secondary school.

Information on placing requests in East Renfrewshire Council can be found here:



Report a Glow concern  Cookie policy  Privacy policy

Glow Blogs uses cookies to enhance your experience on our service. By using this service or closing this message you consent to our use of those cookies. Please read our Cookie Policy.