During week beginning 5th May 2015 “Free your Feet” a week long whole school event which encourages all S1-S3 pupils to make walking part of his/her mode of transport to and from school will take place.
All pupils are encouraged to take part and can do so by:
- walking the whole way to and from school.
- walking to and from the bus stop.
- walking from the drop off point in the car park at Broom shops.
If every pupil participates in some way we hope that together we will:
- raise awareness of the health benefits of regular exercise as part every day life.
- reduce traffic congestion and increase pupil safety.
- make a contribution to improving the environment by reducing pollution.
What is going to happen?
Friday the 1st of May 2015 – you will be given a card to record the number of minutes you walk each day of the week to and from school.
Friday the 8th of May 2015 – get a parent/ guardian to check and sign your card.
Monday 11th May 2015 – post your completed and signed card in your House Box at the main entrance.
What happens then?
- 10 House points will be awarded for every completed card.