During week beginning 21 May 2012 ‘Free Your Feet’ a week long whole school event which encourages all pupils to make walking part of his/her mode of transport to and from school will take place.
All pupils are encouraged to take part and can do so by:
- walking the whole way to and from school
- walking to and from the bus stop
- walking from the drop off point in the car park at Broom shops.
If every pupil participates in some way we hope that together we will:
- raise awareness of the health benefits of regular exercise as part of every day life
- reduce traffic congestion and increase pupil safety
- make a contribution to improving the environment by reducing pollution