During week beginning 21 May 2012 ‘Free Your Feet’ a week long whole school event which encourages all pupils to make walking part of his/her mode of transport to and from school will take place.
All pupils are encouraged to take part and can do so by:
- walking the whole way to and from school
- walking to and from the bus stop
- walking from the drop off point in the car park at Broom shops.
If every pupil participates in some way we hope that together we will:
- raise awareness of the health benefits of regular exercise as part of every day life
- reduce traffic congestion and increase pupil safety
- make a contribution to improving the environment by reducing pollution
Tickets will be on sale at the school office from the 14th May, price £3 each
Any pupils interested in taking part in the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award should attend a meeting Thursday lunchtime at 12.30 in E2.
If you have any questions please see Mrs Ward/Mr Walker/Mrs Mitchell
If you are interested in radio, journalism, media or even music there is a fantastic opportunity to be a DJ. We need a group of 5 pupils to produce and present a show on the 12th June between 3pm and 4pm for Go Live @ Pulse FM. Your group will have a 45 minute slot to fill with discussion and music of your choice.
If you are interested and would like to know more please come and see Mr McGlynn in the English Department (either in the base or B10).
‘The under 15 football team have a league playoff on Wednesday 23rd May with a 6.30pm ko. The boys face Paisley Grammar School.
Best of luck to the team