In Kirkhill, learning about the technologies enables our pupils to:
- develop an understanding of the role and impact of technologies in changing and influencing societies
- contribute to building a better world by taking responsible, ethical actions to improve their life, the lives of others and the environment
- gain the confidences and skills to embrace and use technologies now and in the future, at home, at work and in the wider community
- be capable of making reasoned choices relating to the environment, sustainable development and ethical, economic and cultural issues
- broaden their understanding of the role that information and communication technology (ICT) has in Scotland and the global community.
It is important that as our children play and learn they will develop an interest, confidence and enjoyment in ICT skills that can be transferred and applied in different learning contexts.
Safe Use of ICT: