Un Convention on the rights of the child Article 31 (leisure, play and culture)
Every child has the right to join in a wide range of cultural and artistic activities.
In Kirkhill, experiences in the expressive arts involve creating and presenting and are practical and experiential. Evaluating and appreciating are used to enhance enjoyment and develop knowledge and understanding.
Our pupils learning in, through and about the expressive arts:
- enables them to experience the inspiration and power of the arts
- recognises and nurtures their creative and aesthetic talents
- allows them to develop skills and techniques that are relevant to specific art forms and across the four capacities
- provides opportunities for them to deepen their understanding of culture in Scotland and the wider world
- is enhanced and enriched through partnerships with professional arts companies, creative adults and cultural organisations