“StarGaze” at IMS
Isobel Mair School has it’s very own Drama Group called “StarGaze!”
The group takes place on a wednesday from 3pm – 4pm in the school at a cost of £2 per week .
The aim of this group is to explore performing arts through a number of relevant themes and contexts with the view to producing a show at the end of the school year.
Miss Antelmi (Director) and Mr Hay (Musical Director) along with other members of school staff support this weekly drama club on a voluntary basis to support our young people to become, successful learners, confident individuals and effective contributors.
The principles of the drama group tie in with a CfE and here are some of the experiences and outcomes that they have been working towards this year:
EXPRESSIVE ARTS EXPERIENCES AND OUTCOMES
- I have created and presented scripted or improvised drama, beginning to take account of audience and atmosphere
- I have experienced the energy and excitement of presenting/performing for audiences and being part of an audience for other people’s presentations.
HEALTH AND WELLBEING EXPERIENCES AND OUTCOMES
- I know that friendship, caring, sharing, fairness and equality and love are important in building positive relationships. As I develop and value relationships, I care and show respect for myself and others.
- I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one that values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all.
- Through contributing my views, time and talents, I play a part in bringing change in my school and wider community.
Performances that have taken place so far include:
Wind in the Willows May 2013
Fame Jr May 2014