By the end of this topic you should be able to:
- draw a diagram to show the global hydrological cycle
- describe the global hydrological cycle shown on a diagram
- explain how balance is maintained within the hydrological cycle
- explain how water moves within drainage basins.
Use an OS map to:
- describe the physical characteristics of a river and its valley
- compare and contrast the physical features of two rivers and their valleys
- annotate a base map to show the physical characteristics of a river and its valley.
With the aid of a diagram(s):
- explain the formation of selected physical features of a river and its valley: e.g. waterfall, levee, river terrace, meander, braiding, flood plain, alluvial fan
- explain the effects of flowing water in terms of erosion, transportation and deposition in the upper, middle and lower course of a river
- describe and explain the patterns shown on a river hydrograph.