Information and Newsletters

Eaglesham Nursery Class Duty of Candour Report

April 2021

Dear Parents,

We have enjoyed seeing everyone return to nursery after the spring break.

We have another busy term ahead of us and I would like to give you an overview of upcoming events.

Parents’ Evenings

We will send out parent meeting appointments soon to let you know the day and date allocated for your child. Due to staff rotas, the parents meetings will run at the following times for different groups – 3.20-4.30pm or 3.50-5pm. We have allocated appointment times and all meetings will be held over Google Meet. I would really appreciate if parents could try to accommodate the times that we have issued as we do not have much flexibility to change appointments. If you need to change, please call 0141 570 7710 to inform us.

Nursery to P1 transitions

Over the next few weeks, I will be writing to all parents of children starting P1 at Eaglesham Primary School for session 2021/2022. I have already made contact with St Joseph’s Primary for the children who will be going there. We will have three P1 classes and this year we are optimistic that we will have a transition programme that is more in-line with previous years, including an open-air ‘graduation’.

New Nursery Badge and Uniform

Following a positive response to our survey on introducing nursery polo shirts and sweatshirts for session 2021/2022, I would like to see if there are any volunteers who would like to work with us on possible designs and colours. If you have an interest or talent for design, please get in touch with me via schoolmail@eaglesham.e-renfrew.sch.uk.

Climate Action Fund – Nursery Garden

I informed the school community of our recent award of almost £2000 to spend on our nursery garden area. I would like to thank a group of parents: Mrs Paton, Mrs Denley and Mrs McLaughlin for meeting with me to discuss our plans and offer their expertise.

We now have almost all the resources required and have started planting lettuce leaves, tomatoes and many herbs. We have come up with a super plan for this term which will enable us to have a harvest of fruit and vegetables in August. These will include potatoes, carrots, beetroot, kale, apples, black berries and edible flowers. The children have shown a lot of curiosity and enthusiasm for preparing the compost, planting and growing. Hopefully we will soon be able to enjoy preparing our food and eating it over the next few months. If you have any pictures of gardening done at home, please send them to us via Seesaw.

Sunny Weather

We are in the process of updating our Suncream Policy to reflect the fact that children are in nursery for full days now instead of half days. The advice we would give to parents until this has been completed is:

• apply a high factor suncream before arriving at nursery
  • show your child how to rub the cream into their skin
  • ensure your child has a skip hat or one with a brim to cover their face
  • send in suncream of your choice, labelled with their name, in their bag each day

Collection times at the end of the day

I would like to remind parents of children on Core Hours to line up in the same lines as we use in the morning. Parents should stand on the pavement at the left hand side of the nursery door at the three markers – Bubble 1 closest to the entrance; Bubble 2 in the centre; and Bubble 3 closest to the road side. This is to support our staff, ensuring they can see the children off safely at the end of the nursery day. We really appreciate your support with this.

Nursery closure dates

Please note the dates that the nursery will be closed:

Monday 3/5/21 – May holiday

Thursday 6/5/21 – Staff inset day and Scottish Elections (School used for polling)

Friday 28/5/21 and Monday 31/5/21 – May holiday

Friday 25/6/21 – last full day of nursery before summer holiday