EWHCF Class of 2021

P6a Class Blog – 01/05/20

Today as it is Monday we have Maths first thing in the morning.For Maths we have to do sumdog/123 maths and one workbook page.Then later on we have to do some spelling.In the afternoon, we add some more information into our personal project/solo talk. I am doing a personal project and I am adding a lot of detail to my answers as I know that later on I will be making posters, slides and much more! I hope everyone is enjoying everything as much as I am! Stay safe – Aizah.

Today it is wednesday and it is the 29th of april and we have all been working hard. This morning we have had to read our books. The authors editors and illustrators read alex rider while the publishers (i think i got it right) have been reading charlie and the chocolate factory. We had to answer 8 questions to do with our books as well. After that we had HWB (health and wellbeing). We had lots of choices for it as we could have done a task from the HWB grid or our daily joe wick, i done joe wicks (and died it was so tiring). Then we had 20 sumdog questions and a sheet from our maths booklets. Finally we had our daily wraparound spelling. We all miss school but we have to do this for our own safety. Stay safe and stay happy. – oscar.

In our Writing this week, we created a recipe that includes fairtrade products. We were also allowed to try our recipe at home and see how it turned out. Lots of us took inspiration from different websites which developed our researching skills as well as writing skills. We needed to include bossy verbs ( like put, pour, cut) and put our recipe in bullet points or numbers and also make a list of the equipment and method. I really enjoyed looking at different websites to find the perfect recipe and I can’t wait to try it out soon!-Ayla

For our literacy comprehension we had to read chapter 4 of storm breaker and we had to answer 8 questions on the chapter (I recommend stormbreaker it is a very good book ) . – Cole

For Science we could choose an activity from the science grid.  One of the choices was making a shadow puppet show. It was good fun! (Andrew)

For math we had to find thing around our house and find out the shapes (Kailah)

In maths the mathletes have been completing a page of there decimals booklet every day and also doing there 20 Sumdog questions.( Louis)

I enjoyed doing the Science Experiment today.  I filled the sink and then tried over 20 items to see if they would float or sink.  Some of the results surprised me.  It was good fun.  I think I’m going to make the Fairtrade Brownies once my mum gets all the ingredients.  (Lewis)

For our reading task we have to find out about the main character of our book and write down his name, age ect. And for art we can draw paint or do anything related to art. We also have other challenges as a task for that task we could do anything challenging like do a puzzle or  check the oil level in a car.   ( Rokaia)