EWHCF Class of 2021

P1 blog – Friday 27th February

Learning Blog

This week we have enjoyed learning more about Fair Trade. We explored lots of Fair Trade products that have the Fair Trade logo on them. The Fair Trade logo is black, green and blue. On Tuesday we made some Fair Trade posters that showed we know all about Fair Trade products. On Friday we came to school wearing Fair Trade colours – this was brilliant. At assembly we learned lots more about Fair Trade and the children in the focus group gave us a lot more information. Some of the Primary two children sang a Fair Trade song. There was also a Fair Trade stall where we could buy rainbow cakes, smelly loon bands, chocolate, rice crispy cakes, brownies and lots more goodies. We know that farmers need to get enough money for the things that they grow.

We have been learning lots of other things in Primary 1 this week. Here are some of the children to tell us all about it:

Zara – I have been learning how to write sentences. To write a sentence I need a rainbow alphabet and I need to make sure I have full stops, finger spaces and capital letters.

Ellis – We have been learning to use maths jotters. I have to remember to keep my numbers in their own boxes, my numbers need to face the right way and I can use a number line to help me do this.

Euan – I have been learning to write my letters and numbers. I used the road letters with a car to help me remember what my letters look like and I can use a big number line to help me with my numbers.

Abi – I have been learning how to count in 2s. When we started Mrs McGurren showed us how to do it using our hands and legs by tapping. It was good fun and I am looking forward to learning more. We also know more about tens and units and we can use the cubes and blocks to help us.