This area will give information about keeping your child safe on-line.
Please view this presentation from East Renfrewshire Council.
At the start of every new school year we issue acceptable use agreement forms to all pupils and members of staff. Parents must sign these and return to school before their child is allowed to access the internet for educational purposes within school.
Argos partnered with Symantec to provide Norton’s Family Software to parents for free (no purchase necessary). The software allows parents to block access to certain types of sites and monitors use. It works on PCs and laptops and more to the point, on smartphones and tablets. One of the most popular questions from the October national campaign was from parents worried about how they can control their children’s use of mobile devices and how they would know what type of sites their kids were going to and this software fits that bill. Features include:
– Web monitoring and blocking – tracks what websites your child visits
– Time limits – manages the time children can access the internet from any device
– Social networking monitoring – keeps an eye on your children’s activity
– Search monitoring – updates what your children are searching for
– Email alerts – alerts you when your children do something they shouldn’t, like try to access blocked sites.
Argos made this move in support of the Government’s proposed legislation for ensuring protection for children from adult content on the internet. If you want to know more, here is the link. www.getsafeonline.org/news/free-online-access-control-software-for-parents.
For more information on the security for your child when using GLOW click here.
SNAPCHAT guide for parents
A new site created by children from a Renfrewshire school about the impact of cyberbullying. www.cybersupport.me