Partnership with Parents
In Arthurlie Family Centre one thread of our vision is that –
- Our parents trust us : they are involved in and informed about their child’s learning.
We seek the support of parents and families in achieving our aims to :
- Engage with agencies in the local community and work in partnership to support the needs of children and families.
- Build on the important contribution of families in supporting the development of healthy lifestyles.
- Maintain an ethos that recognises, promotes and celebrates diversity ensuring that all members of our learning community feel safe, valued, included, respected and are treated fairly.
- Ensure that our provision is continuously improving and evolving to meet the needs of children and families as we strive to become a centre of excellence.
This recognises the important contribution of parents, carers and families as described in the Parental Involvement Act Scotland 2006.
“Parents, carers and families are by far the most important influences on children’s lives. Parents who take on a supportive role in their children’s learning make a difference in improving achievement and behaviour. Their support can play a vital role at all stages of education… When parents and schools work together, children do better… Parents have their own perspectives on school education and what can be done to improve standards and quality. … Their voice can make a positive contribution to how education authorities and schools determine their ambitions for schools and how they plan for improvement to meet these.”
We strive to ensure that our parents are fully involved in their child’s learning, the life of the centre and our continuing improvement.
Tuesday mornings – Parents Sewing group
Thursday mornings – Family Singing group
The fundraising group do great work for our Nursery and hold social events several times a year. The group have had events such as a Festive Fun Day, Psychic disco night and summer fun Day. All proceeds for events go back into nursery funds to help with additional equipment which the parents and children choose.
All are welcome to come along to a meeting. We are always looking to recruit new members , please speak to Michelle Liddell if you are interested.
|We have added some links below which we hope you find useful.