Arthurlie Family Centre

Numeracy. I can talk about my day using morning, afternoon and night. I can recognise the numbers on a clock. I can say that a clock tells us the time.

img_0730

“We used numbers 8 and 9. We used two spoons to make hands.” “What time is it?” “It’s 10 o’clock. Ten o’clock at night.” Where are you at 10 o’clock?” “I’m in my bed.”

img_0728

“It’s 10 o’clock. What time is it in nursery?” “It’s quarter past 10 in nursery.” “It won’t be long till lunch time.”

img_0733

“Can I do I clock?” “Would you like to paint a clock?” “I’ll copy the wooden clock.”

img_0738

“I need to put hands. I’ll draw them on.”

img_0727

The children are still continuing to learn about clocks and time. Some of the children helped to make a clock through using their number mats. The children were encouraged to match the numbers of the clock and were learning the language of how specific numbers are at the top, bottom, right side and left side. The children used two spoons to make hands, which then led to discussing the time when the children placed the hands on the clock. The children identified that it was 10 o’clock at night time. This led to discussing various times of the day and what happens in the morning, afternoon and night time.