Arthurlie Family Centre

Health and Well-being/Science. I can be independent. I can make my own playdough.

dscn9694

“You need flour.”

dscn9688

“You need to turn the handle.”

dscn9689

“It’s gonnae make playdough so it is.”

We had a new flour holder delivered for our playdough station but it was in pieces. Luckily some of the blue group were able to follow the ‘instructions’ that ‘tell you how to make it’ and they could see all the different parts were there and the order they went in. Working together, they were able to put the pieces together in the right order and when it was made we knew ‘it’s for flour’ and that we needed to ‘turn the handle’ to get it out.  We added the flour, and some sparkles because its sparkle day and started looking for a recipe to use. By being involved in the whole process, will allow the children to independently make their own playdough and the understand the whole process to it. It will also help to understand about measure and using specific ingredients to get an end product.