Over the next few weeks the children will be learning lots of different skills.
Every child will have Gym Teds on a Friday (unless they go to the woods – these children will have Mini-kickers on a Tuesday), along with gym time with their group the children will be learning these skills:
- I can find my own “space bubble”.
- I can run, jump, stretch, hop, skip and balance.
- I can listen and follow what I am asked to do.
- I can show how to be safe in the gym hall
- I can tell others about how I am moving.
Within the playrooms, at story time and at home with bedtime stories:
- I can select a bedtime story book.
- I can say what I liked about the story.
- I can say if there was a bit that I didn’t like.
- I can explore letters when I am playing.
- I can call them letters.
- I can recognise some letters in my name
- I can say the sound of some letters.
- I can talk about morning, afternoon and night time.
- I can recognise a clock and say what it is used for.
- I can name the days of the week and the months of the year.
- I can name the season of winter.
- I can use yesterday, today and tomorrow
- I can help to use a calendar
As we celebrate Burn’s Day on 25th January, learn about Scotland and other special times like Chinese New Year: