3-5 Creativity Room 24/10/22

In the creativity Room we have been exploring the signs of Autumn through transient art and loose parts . Children have been bringing items from home and walks and been using their imagination to create in their play, talking about the falling leaves changing colours and one child talked about the leaves dancing as they fall to the ground wearing gold red and brown.

We have been celebrating festivals around the season like Halloween and Diwali . We have been looking at some Rangoli designs making patterns with coloured rice which the children made with paint using their fine motor skills to lift and design with the rice.

Can I draw I was asked I would like to draw my very own pumpkin please because my hedgehog likes pumpkins and needs to eat before he goes to his long sleep . So I created a space for the children to draw,make,cut and stick reminding them to be safe with the scissors and they were . We used the book to find information about Autumn and also enjoyed a story about a bear that a long sleep which he called hibernation which the children asked lots of questions about .

It has been a very busy week in the Creativity Room lead by the children’s interests .