The Garden 02/09/2022

In the garden we have a digging spot for the children to dig using variety of tools as they take on various interests of imagination. They seek buried treasure that could be below the ground. “I found something under the mud, I wonder if it’s treasure!” The children use the digging spot to collect mud for the mud kitchen and search for mini beasts. “What is that?, it looks like a green bug”

The children have been following their own interest of concocting mud pies, cakes, potions and pizzas in the mud kitchen. Different variety of utensils and tools were set up along with fruits for the children to enhance their imagination and come with creative ways to bring their ideas alive. “This is my cupcake, I will put them in the oven to bake.” The children explored the garden to collect leaves, twigs, berries, stones and grass to add to their mud pies and pizza. “We are making the dough for the pizza, this is the sauce and I add it to the pan” As the children interests were progressed we added more loose parts such as brambles, shells and water to maintain spark of imagination and enhance the play.

We have been exploring road safety on the road track as the children follow the risk assessment of putting on helmets before choosing a bike or car. Each vehicle is parked on a numeral. “ I park the car on the number one, next to number two bike”. The children ask what type of transport they would like each day which is provided and with the use of a  timer we discuss the importance of cooperating and sharing the resources with our peers. -Ellie