Our Speech and Language Therapist is: Mrs Claire McPherson.
Our Speech and Language Therapist works with school staff to:
- Enhance the school’s total communication approach, including promoting the use of speech, Makaton signing and symbols, Eye Gaze, objects of reference, PECS, high and low-tech communication devices
- Support each young person’s communication through 1:1 and group sessions
- Provide training opportunities to up-skill our staff
- Provide advice and support to families
- Ensure all pupils have a sustainable and meaningful method of communication
- Develop and maximise independence and skills development with regards to pupils’ eating and drinking skills
- Provide specific interventions and learning opportunities as required for individual pupils and classes
The Speech and Language Therapist’s contact details can be obtained from the school office.
The Speech and Language Therapy team also has a Facebook page: click here to visit.