In line with the values, purposes and principles of Curriculum for Excellence, at Willowbank, we aspire to provide all our pupils with access to the highest quality of learning and teaching in order to maximise their successes and encourage and celebrate achievement in its broadest sense.
Our school vision is to “be the best you can be”, and hence our school aims are:
(1) To deliver all aspects of the modern Curriculum for Excellence by:
– motivating pupils to be successful learners
– enabling pupils to be confident individuals
– providing opportunities to practice responsible citizenship
– encouraging pupils to be effective contributors and
– ensuring every individual need is met
(2) To provide a safe, secure and happy environment where every child reaches their full potential.
(3) To raise self-esteem and attainment through the celebration of achievement and success.
(4) To develop pupils’ personalities, talents and physical abilities in a variety of settings allowing them to reach to their fullest potential in school and the wider community.
(5) To minimise the effect of additional support needs as a barrier to learning and to provide learning experiences that are stimulating, challenging and age appropriate.
(6) To maintain good lines of communication within the school, with parents and with the wider community.
(7) To develop partnerships with other establishments and agencies in the local community.
(8) To develop Willowbank School in accordance with East Ayrshire’s Improvement Plan, Community Plan and the Scottish Executive’s National Priorities.
Our school values in line with GIRFEC ensure our pupils are: