End of Term

Hello everybody.

I can’t believe it’s the end of term already! What a strange way to end this year. We have to say farewell to our two leavers and wish you all the best in the future. You will be missed! Keep your eyes peeled for some visitors this week! Everyone else I hope you enjoy the summer and I’ll see you at after the holidays in our new normal way of working. You should also look out out for visitors this week too!

Below are some ideas for over summer. You can pick and choose whatever you would like to do.

summer mindfulness colouring

summer grid

design your own sunglasses

design your own hat

activity booklet

Stay healthy and be kind to each other.

Mr Nicoll

Summer Time!

Hi Moonbeams, I can’t believe it is the last week of term!

Well done to you all for coping so well with all of the changes over the last few months. I’m so proud of you all!

Please check out the Moonbeams video of all the great things you did this year. Click here

Here are a few links to songs and stories that you have all enjoyed over the year.

Stories

The Gingerbread man

Goldilocks

The three little pigs

Songs

Walking in the Jungle

Do you like ice cream?

Days of the week song

Counting to 20

Have a great Summer everyone and stay safe xxxx

Well done!

Hi everyone,

It’s hard to believe that this is the final week of term. So many nice things should be happening this week and it makes me really sad that we can’t celebrate the end of a school year the way we should but it makes me even more sad that we cannot say a proper “farewell” to our four leavers the way we normally would. 😥 However! On a positive note, I want to take this opportunity to say a massive well done to you and your families for how well you have coped over the last few weeks under sometimes very difficult circumstances.  I am so proud of you all for all of your achievements this year both in and out of school and I really can’t wait to see you all in August.

⭐⭐Keep an eye out tomorrow and Wednseday for some special visitors with a little surprise for you as an end of term treat! ⭐⭐

As always, stay safe and look after each other.   Have a great summer – see you all very soon 💛

– From the Beech ladies.

It’s Summertime ☀️ 🏖

Well Snowdrops  as I write this post I’m feeling so proud of you all and how well you did to finish the school year in such a strange way. I speak for all the ladies when I say we have missed all your smiley faces each and every day. But the good news is all of you will be getting a social distance visit this week from Mrs Brown, Mrs Johnstone or Miss Taylor with an end of term gift from the school and class .
In August everything will be very different for all of us in school but please don’t worry about it as you will all be very safe as always in Willowbank .
For most a new class but familiar staff will be there to help you learn.

So from today check out the blog as I made a video of you all working so hard and doing all the things we love at school.

Something you could do during the holidays Is make ice cream 🍦. Have put a link to an easy recipe for you to try .
https://www.mykidstime.com/food-and-recipes/10-ice-cream-recipes-the-kids-will-love-to-make-eat/

Something else fun to try and also show the importance of sunscreen is painiting with sun cream on dark paper

https://team-cartwright.com/sunscreen-painting-steam/

Well snowdrops that’s it for session 2019/2020. One that none of us will ever forget. Mrs Brown and Myself wish you all the very best when August comes and am sure you will continue to grow in confidence and develop all your skills you have been learning even further . It has been a great pleasure having you in class and watching your personalities develop . I thought we would sign off in usual Snowdrops fashion with a song .
Hope the sun ☀ shines and you all have some summer fun and adventures

take care and best wishes

Miss Kelly , Mrs Brown and the snowdrops ladies 💙❤🌈

https://youtu.be/H3BsbLZ2xqo

Summer!

It’s hard to believe that this will be our final blog for this year. I know these last few months have been hard and I am so proud of how the Bluebells class have coped.

🚨Important Information🚨

Please have a look at the school app where there is an End of Term photo slideshow of all of our best memories from this year! It really is not to be missed 🙂

Also, I will be coming round all of your houses on Wednesday to drop off a Willowbank Summer gift for you all.

This week, I thought I would set some fun Summer activities to get you excited for the holidays beginning on Friday! Remember these are all optional and only some ideas of how you and your family can have some fun in the sun.

Water Balloon Pinata                                             Use your washing line to peg water balloons and have fun to see who can burst them the fastest!

Balloon Toss                                                              You could be tossing the balloon at familiar words, letters or numbers.

Shadow Drawings                                                  Get some of your favourite toys, sit them in the sun on top of some paper and have fun drawing around their shadows. What toy makes the biggest shadow? What makes the smallest?

Finally, I wanted to leave you with some summer time messages from myself and the ladies in the Bluebells class. We are all counting down the days until we are back together in August.

We are at the end of the Rainbow 🌈

See the source image

Well did we find a Pot of Gold? 🍀

Aitken saw a lovely Rainbow at the weekend – have any of you spotted a rainbow?

Literacy – The Story of the Leprechaun by Katherine Tegen 📚

See the source image

The Story of the Leprechaun

And some music 🎶

The Rainbow Song

Well it isn’t just the end of the Rainbow it is the end if the School year – and a different end to the School Year it has been!!!

We have put in some Rainbow ideas for you to do this week if you want  – but also included some other websites that might be appropriate if you are looking for some activities inspiration over the holidays OR  just incase there is some wet weather!!!

What have the Pine Ladies been up to with Colour???

Jardine looked lovely in Yellow with her wee blue Gnome.

Aitken was celebrating British Flower Week , with some beautiful flowers.

Boyle has made her own pretty rainbow with lovely scarfs.

And Wilson found Heather’s Rainbow Bears up the loft!!!

Cookery 👩‍🍳

Lets make some colourful food for the last week – Boyle has suggested a lovely layered salad?

Three jars filled with rainbow salad pots

Layer Pasta Salad

Or we could have some colourful fruit skewers!

Rainbow fruit skewers

Rainbow Fruit Skewers

We have made colourful cupcakes in class and really enjoyed it!

Rainbow cupcakes recipe

Rainbow Cupcakes

Ice lollies are another good idea and very easy to make – or you can make more complicated ones if you get adventurous!!

10 fun and easy homemade popsicle recipes for kids - Eats Amazing UK

The Rainbow Ice Lollies link is below – Eats Amazing has some great ideas for ice lollies and other tasty food and treats – have a wee look and see if you can find some things you would like to make.

Rainbow Ice Lollies

A few different ideas for this week and into the holidays – Remember take some photos of anything you do –  we would love to see your photos after the holidays. 📷

Art 🎨

We love making painted handprints in the Pine Room so this is a lovely idea and you could turn it into a beautiful gift.

HANDPRINT RAINBOW PAINTING is a fun sensory art experience for kids. Get hands-on with paints and explore colour mixing and blending! A creative painting idea for St Patrick's Day and weather study themes. #rainbow #stpatricks #stpatricksdaycrafts #rainbowcrafts #handprint #handprintcrafts #kidscrafts #craftsforkids #painting #kidspainting #kidsart #kidscraftroom #kidsactivities

The Kids Craft Room have lots of different lovely activities if you are looking for some other activities too!

Rainbow Hand Prints

Another website that you might like to have a look at for some recipes and craft ideas is Mother Could, linked below. I will warn you some of her activities are pretty messy!!!

HEAVY CLOUDS

Mother Could

The other thing you could do it put up a new Rainbow in your window – have a look on the internet for some different ideas!

Image result for paper plate rainbowsImage result for paper plate rainbows

Boyle found these beautiful earrings on the Silver Fox Jewellery

And thought they could inspire some of you to make some jewellery – using things, such as pieces of wool, beads and threads to make to different jewellery. Below are a couple of websites with instructions to help you create something special.

How to make a friendship bracelet with a cardboard loom - YouTube #diyrope #necklacecordCool DIY jewellery kids can make including necklaces and bracelets. Fun crafts for kids that look super pretty too!

Friendship Bracelet

Jewellery for Kids

Or what about Knitting – you could help someone to pick the pattern and the colours and perhaps even have a wee go!! Wilson has been knitting a rainbow cushion for Heather and Willow the Bear …it is nearly finished!!

Numeracy and Colour Sorting 🔢

In class we enjoy colour sorting and counting – so below are a few different ideas you can try at home and the links to the websites.

5 Activities to Keep Your Toddler Busy Without a Trip to the Store

Colour Matching

Animals and Nature🍁🐸

We have looked at some animals that are blue, green …even purple BUT some animals are multi coloured – check out the link below and see some of the Natural History Museums most colourful creatures – you will be amazed!!! Have a look on the internet as well and see if you can find anymore??

A red-eyed tree frog

Colourful Creatures

How does a Rainbow happen?

Dr. Binocs is going to explain that all to you! It is Amazing!!!!

Image result for dr binocs and rainbows

Dr Binocs

Willow the Bear 🐻

Well Pine Class, myself and Heather are back on good term because the ASDA  shopping arrived and guess what was in it…….CUSTARD CREAMS!!!!    We did have a disaster as the washing machine broke and there was water all over the floor, Heather was trying to stop the water and put down towels – she seemed to be quite cross, but I thought it was really funny!!! On Friday I got a SURPRISE, Heather has bought me a kitten to keep me company when she is at work, she is called Ada, I am so HAPPY!!! We can  watch the delivery men delivering the online shopping to the neighbours, and watch reality TV together and travel to ASDA in Heather’s back pack – oh seemingly that’s not allowed!!!! Well Pine Class this is my last blog post until after the holidays, by then I will have lots to report!!

Love and Bear Hugs

Willow xxxx

P.S. Remember if you make Blueberry Muffins or have any spare Custard Creams please post them to me!!

Music 🎶

A video going through all of the different colours with the Pine Ladies for you to watch. Pine Ladies Rainbow 🌈

🍒⭐🎀🍏

🟪🧡📘

Colour for Kids

🌈🌈🌈🌈

Somewhere over the Rainbow

Movie 🎥

Well it is time for Dorothy to click her red shoes together and head home!

Image result for clip art red shoes

There is no place like home

We hope that you enjoyed The Wizard of Oz and all the Colours of the Rainbow!

Well as Willow said this is the last blog and we will see you all after the summer at school – apart from one special Lady that is going to retire after 24years of working at Witch Hill and Willowbank!!!

JARDINE we are all very sad you are retiring and we won’t get to see you everyday at work. We are going to miss you so much – but hope you will come and visit as often!!

Love

The Pine Ladies

xxxx

See the source image

Be the best you can be!