Hello Planets Class! This week, our blog activities are all related to Valentines Day. Have fun exploring all or some of these ideas at home with your family.
* Literacy *
Can you create a mood board showing things that you love? Think about people you love, places you love to visit, foods you love to eat, programmes you love to watch, songs you love to sing etc.
You might want to show what you love by taking photographs of the things you love and saving them to your iPad.
* Numeracy *
Listen to the animated story called “The Shape of my Heart”.
Can you look around your house and find a range of shapes including:
Can you find some 3D shapes around your house? You will be reminded of some 3D shapes by clicking the song below.
* Health and Wellbeing *
Make some heart shaped chocolate covered strawberries like the image below.
Did you give them a thumbs up or down?
* Sensory Play *
Create a Valentines themed play dough using these ingredients. Can you use your dough to create a heart shape? Enjoy exploring your play dough with your senses.
You will need:
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1.5 cups of boiling water
Red food colouring
1. Combine the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the vegetable oil and water along with a few drops of rose oil.
3. Add several drops of red food colouring to the water mixture. Mix well.
4. Combine both bowls and mix well.
5. Continue to mix until the play dough begins to form.
6. Knead the dough with your hands for several minutes.