Recommended entry: This course is suitable for learners who are secure in their attainment of the National 4 Lifeskills Mathematics course, or have equivalent qualification or experience.
Skills, knowledge & understanding:
This course will develop learners’ ability to:
- analyse real-life situations and problems involving mathematics.
- identify valid mathematical operational skills to tackle real-life situations or problems.
- use a range of mathematical operational skills to an appropriate degree of accuracy.
- use mathematical reasoning skills to draw conclusions or justify decisions.
- communicate mathematical information in an appropriate way.
Progression: On successful completion of this course, the learner could progress to National 5 Mathematics.
SQA Past Papers