Recommended entry: This course is suitable for learners who are secure in their attainment of the National 3 Lifeskills Mathematics course, or have equivalent qualification or experience.
Skills, knowledge & understanding:
This Course will develop learners’ ability to:
- understand and use straightforward mathematical concepts and relationships.
- select and apply straightforward operational skills in algebra, geometry, trigonometry and statistics within familiar mathematical contexts.
- select and apply straightforward skills in numeracy.
- use straightforward mathematical models.
- use mathematical reasoning skills to interpret information presented in straightforward ways, to select a strategy to solve a problem, and to communicate solutions.
Progression: On successful completion of this course, the learner could progress to National 5 Mathematics, National 5 Lifeskills Mathematics or Numeracy (National 5) Unit.