Recommended entry: This course is suitable for learners who are secure in their attainment of the National 5 Mathematics course or an equivalent qualification.
Skills, knowledge & understanding:
This course will develop learners’ ability to:
- understand and use a range of complex mathematical concepts and relationships.
- select and apply operational skills in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus and statistics within mathematical contexts.
- select and apply skills in numeracy.
- use mathematical reasoning skills to extract and interpret information and to use complex mathematical models.
- use mathematical reasoning skills to think logically, provide justification or proof and solve problems.
- communicate mathematical information with complex features.
Progression: On successful completion of this course, the learner could progress to Advanced Higher Mathematics.