Infant Sports Council- P1,2,3 & Mrs Grant
Hi everyone, Welcome to the blog page for the infant sports council.
Unfortunately, we only had a couple of weeks together before the school closed, but here is a wee update on what we have been up to so far:
- We had a look at the next steps in order for us to work towards the Gold Award with Sports Scotland and made a plan.
- We discussed what sports we have access to inside school and outside of school.
- We felt there was a lack of clubs available to infant pupils after school.
- We discussed that some people get to go to clubs outwith school and others didn’t. We want to try and make it fairer so that everyone has access to the same opportunities and can have a go at lots of different sports.
- We identified the gaps and began identifying sports clubs in the community that may be able to help us.
- We sent a letter to the Kickboxing Club in the community centre asking for some equipment to use for an after school club.
- Our next step was to get in touch with the Kilmarnock Weightlifting Club.
While you’re at home, try to stay active and find creative ways to exercise and play sports! Please email me any photos you have of you doing so and I will post them here to inspire others.
Hope you are all well- stay home and stay safe!
Love Mrs Grant x