Expressive Arts Learning Grid – 08.06.20

Hello girls and boys,

This week’s focus is on drama. Here is the grid. I hope you have fun trying some of these activities.

Drama Learning Grid

You will see that the P4 – 7 activities build on one another and finish with a performance. This might be a little more challenging that you have previously experienced. Remember, the idea is just to do what you can and have fun.

I hope you enjoy the week ahead. Stay safe.

Visual Arts Learning Grid – 1.06.20

Good morning girls and boys,

It has been a lovely sunny week, for the most part, and I hope that you and your family have been able to enjoy the weather, perhaps in the garden or out walking.

When I wasn’t on my laptop, I spent the week in the garden watching the wildlife. Despite being in the middle of the city I have lots of birds, squirrels and creepy crawlies to keep me busy and even on occasion a visit from a somewhat elderly fox. He likes to sunbathe or snooze behind the shed or under a tree. I am very fond of him and have nicknamed him “Benedict Slumberfox”.

The new expressive arts grid is now available. This week’s focus is on visual arts. I hope you enjoy these activities and post some of your work on the blog, if you are able.

Learning Grid can be found here

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe.

Miss Dasgupta

(Class Teacher)

Expressive Arts Learning Grid 26.05.20 – Music

Hello everybody,

Music Learning Grid

By now you will all know the news that teachers and schools are going to begin to get ready for pupils returning in August. I know that this still seems like a long time to wait but I think it will fly by! I am really excited about going back to Fenwick and I am looking forward to seeing you all when that eventually happens.

Thanks to those of you who have been able to share some of your activities. You are doing very well with them! Here is this week’s grid. The focus is music again. 🎷🎺🎸🎻🎼🎹🥁

I really hope that you are all having fun during this unusual time and looking on the bright side if you can.  Remember though, it’s also normal to feel out-of-sorts or sad sometimes, when you haven’t seen friends or family members you are close to for ages. If you are feeling like this tell somebody you trust. Remember that worries are always easier to cope with when they are shared.

Enjoy your week, everybody. I look forward to hearing from you (via the blog or GLOW) and seeing what you have been doing. Stay safe, look after each other and keep smiling.

Miss Dasgupta

(Class Teacher)

Expressive Arts Learning Grid – Miss Dasgupta 18.05.20

Click here for the learning grid

Hello girls and boys,

I can see from the class blogs how hard you (and your families) are all working, and I hope that you are also taking some time to relax. There are some more activities in this week’s expressive arts grid and the focus this week is on dance, which fits in nicely with health week, as it is all about getting our bodies moving and having as much fun as we can when we are doing it!

I had a busy week this week Skyping, WhatsApping, Webexing and chatting on Teams! It’s been non-stop but it is lovely to be able to keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues and I can’t help thinking how lucky we all are to have access to the technology which helps us to do this.

My neighbours are also looking after me. We chat over the fence from a safe distance and last week I baked some Danish Pastries for them. As a thank you my neighbour, Mr J, built a little birdbox for my garden, which he thinks small birds might nest in. I am quite excited about that and was so delighted at his kind and thoughtful gesture!

While I remember I should also say “Well done” to Mrs Ross who posted some pics from the “ice egg” activity from one of my previous grids: they look amazing! 😊

Enjoy your week, everybody. I would look forward to hearing from you (via the blog) even if you just want to share some thoughts about how lockdown is going for you. Most of all, stay safe and look after each other.

Miss Dasgupta

(Class Teacher)

Expressive Arts Grid 11.05.20 Miss Dasgupta

Good morning, boys and girls!

I hope that you have had a pleasant week and been enjoying the lovely weather. Sunshine always makes me feel more cheerful and I have been making the most if it, going for lots of walks and getting out in the garden when I can. This week I waged a “war on weeds” which I thought was very fitting for VE day on Friday.

I enjoyed meeting (virtually) the other Fenwick staff for afternoon tea this Friday on VE Day. Some people had really dressed up and looked very glamorous!  Mrs Ross had kindly organised a quiz for us which was all about WWII, so I learned lots too. I made scones for the occasion using a wartime recipe. They were actually delicious!

This week’s new learning grid can also be found here. The focus this week is drama. I hope you enjoy trying out some of these activities. If you are able to post any pictures or comments from trying them out, I’d love to see them.

Learning Grid 11.5.20

Enjoy your week and I look forward to hearing from you (via the blog). Stay safe!

Miss Dasgupta

(Class Teacher)

Resources and Activities

Expressive Arts Additional Learning Grid – Miss Dasgupta

I would like to say a big hello to all pupils and parents!

Although I only joined Fenwick Primary School relatively recently, I was immediately made to feel welcome and part of the team by everybody. I would like to give a special shout-out to Primary 5 pupils, as I was lucky enough to share this class briefly with Mrs Kelly. I hope that I will be able to continue to get to know you when things get back on track. I am missing you all very much and it seems like a very long time since I saw you all.

Mrs Davidson was kind enough to post my expressive arts grid on her HT blog for me last week, but you can find this week’s grid here. I am focussing on a different area of the expressive arts (Music – Visual Arts – Drama – Dance) each week, but I know that you will be limited to what resources you have at home so there is no expectation that you complete them all, they are really just suggestions which I hope you will enjoy trying out. If you are able to post any comments or photographs of tasks that you try, I know that I will enjoy viewing them. I’ll post a new grid each week.

Click here for the expressive arts learning grid.

During lockdown I’ve been spending my time walking, reading, cooking and in my garden. Oh and of course, video-calling family and friends. My mum films Zelda, her cat, every day, and sends me a wee video to keep me cheerful 😊

I hope that I might hear from some of you (via this blog) soon and in the meantime stay safe (and wash your hands).

Miss Dasgupta

(Class Teacher)

Please find on this page the guides that were sent home in the Home Learning Pack and useful links to support your child’s learning at home.

Home Learning Pack Guide

Giglets Guide

Education City

Giglets

Topmarks  – Link for 5-7 year olds

Topmarks – Link for 7-11 year olds

Doorway Online

Jojo Gnome Story Podcasts – JoJo Gnome Story Podcast has an archive of stories and activities.

Scratch

BBC Bitesize

Busy Things – free trial for 7 days

Cool Maths Games

Starfall

Rigour Maths

An East Ayrshire Site