Homework for Monday 27th November

This week we are only doing Literacy homework.

Primary 1

We are consolidating our sounds this week in school and practising CVC words. At home, please practise writing the letter u on the sheet provided. You can use coloured pencils if you want and you can also go over each letter several times, creating a rainbow letter if you use different colours each time. You can also just use your handwriting pencil.

I have given you two word lists to practise words using our sounds from last week. Please practise making these words with your magnetic letters. Your helper can also make the word for you and ask you to sound it out and read it.

Primary 2

Our spelling sound this week is <ll> . Please practise your spelling words using our activities from the activity grid. In addition, please use your spelling worksheet to find rhyming words for each of your word. You can use the words from your word list as rhyming words or find new ones. I have included an example in the picture below.

Finally, we are having another storytelling afternoon next Wednesday (29th November). It was great to see so many storytellers the last time we did our storytelling afternoon. However, as I need to be able to plan the space and groups of children, it is important that I know in advance who will be attending to read a story. If you or a grandparent would like to read a story to us next Wednesday, could you please fill in the enclosed slip and return it to me by Monday 27th November. Thank you so much!