21.22 Primary 7 Mrs Murray/Mrs Chaudhary

Monday 17th January 2022

PE is on Monday and Tuesday this week.

Homework this week is:

Spelling –  Task in blue jotter      (due Friday 21st)                                              Reading – Giglets, reading plus task  (all children have been issued with login details – due Monday 24th January)                                                   Maths – Tasks on Education City  (due Monday 24th January)

Monday 10th January 2022

Welcome back to all the P7s after the holidays!

PE this week is Monday and Tuesday.

Homework this week is:

Reading – Nessy, 30 Minutes.

Maths – Sumdog , 30 Minutes.

Friday 17th December 2021

The P7s have been very crafty this week (in a good way) and have produced some great artwork and lanterns. Here is a snippet of what we have created…..

Friday 10th December 2021

This week the P7s have been learning about the artist Vincent Van Gogh and his famous painting ‘Starry Night’. Keep an eye on the blog for pictures being added over the next few days. We have also tackled fractions, angles and of course basketball! Pictures to follow.

Monday 6th December 2021

Homework – PE this week is on Monday and Wednesday. 

Spelling – Spelling tasks in homework jotter (due Friday 10th December)

Reading – 2 X 30 Minute Sessions on Nessy or My ON (due Friday 10th December)

Maths – Math challenge booklet (due Friday 10th December)

TEAMS – reply to Mrs Murray’s message (from last week) due 07th December 2021

Please ensure all homework is completed by the due date each week. Thank you.

Friday 3rd December 2021

The P7s have been working really hard on their Enterprise project and today managed to sell out of all products at the Christmas Fayre! They made a fantastic effort and should be proud of themselves! Here are a few pictures from our very busy week!

Monday 29th November 2021

Reading – Carries War, read up to page 211

Maths – 2 x 30 minutes sessions on Sumdog

TEAMS – reply to Mrs Murray’s message by Friday 3rd December

Friday 26th November 2021

The P7s have been working on their basketball skills this week! We also took part in some outdoor learning in connection with the John Muir Award. Here are a few photos:

Monday 22nd November 2021

Reading – Carries War, read up to page 189

Maths – complete maths task in Jotter plus 30 minutes on Sumdog

Writing – complete sentence map in jotter

Christmas Fayre – as part of our enterprise project we have been working hard over the past few weeks to prepare our products for the fayre. These are available to buy in the online shop until Friday! There are some lovely items available for £1 – £2.

One Kind Word

We wrote kind words & phrases in the playground for anyone that might need it💕💕

Monday 15th November

This week is Anti-Bullying Week, Road Safety Week & Scottish Book Week!!! Wow!

P.E. days are still Monday & Wednesday. Please bring clean trainers & remember to wear your hair back.

Homework this week is:

• Maths – Please complete Diamond Demolition & Robot Revenge on Active Learn. Play 1 dot, 2 dot or 3 dot for each game! Also, fractions, decimals & percentages are coming up soon so please brush up on your multiplying & dividing. A good site for this is Top Marks or Education City Live! But you can practise in any way that suits you. (Do this by Friday 19th please)
  • Writing – Persuasive writing task. Please complete the task given out to you in class. (Do this by Friday 19th please)
  • Reading – Under the Bombers Moon – Read The Minefield. Carrie’s War – read up to page 161. (Do this by Monday 22nd please)
  • Other – Acts of kindness! There is a competition at school this week to see which class can complete the most acts of kindness across this week seen as it is Anti-Bullying Week! Try to complete acts of kindness at home, with your friends or at school, record them on the sheet below (you will get a paper copy tomorrow) then earn a bead for our class jar! The class with the most amount of beads is the winner & will win a prize!  (Do this by Friday 19th please)

As always, please feel free to email Mrs Chaudhary or Mrs Murray with any questions or concerns.

carmen.chaudhary@eastayrshire.org.uk

lyndsey.murray@eastayrshire.org.uk

Remembrance Day

On Thursday, as part of our learning about Remembrance Day, we created blackout poems.

Blackout poetry is when you take a written piece of text from a book, newspaper, or magazine and redact words, in order to come up with your very own poetry!

We used In Flander’s Field by John McCrae for our blackout poetry. Have a look at our great poems below! Mrs Murray said they were so good that they gave her goosebumps!

Monday 8th November 2021

PE on Monday and Wednesday this week. Homework for this week is:

Reading – Those reading Carrie’s War should read up to page 128. Those reading Under the Bomber’s Moon should read up to page 77. This must be done by Monday 15th November.                      Spelling – See homework jotter (issued today). This must be completed by Thursday 11th November.                                               Maths – See homework jotter. This must be completed by Monday 15th November.

Friday 5th November 2021

This week was Dyslexia Awareness Week and I was very proud of how well some of the children engaged with their homework in relation to this. Well done!

Here are some pictures of what we have been up to in P7 this week.

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Monday 1st November

• Dyslexia Awareness Week – Research a famous person with dyslexia and create an information sheet/fact file to share with the class on Friday.
  • Reading – Could everyone that has Carrie’s War please ensure they have read up-to page 51 by Wednesday.  Please read pages 52-81 before Monday. Those that have Under the Bomber’s Moon please read pages 27-46 by Monday.
  • Dyslexia Awareness Week – Poem / Poster  Competition – children have been  provided with details for this.
  • Maths – 2 X 15 Minute sessions on Sumdog over the week.

Friday 29th October

This week we have been learning about:

COP26                                                                                                                        Climate Change                                                                                                          Deforestation

Here are some pictures of what we have been up to.

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Monday 25th October

• Reading – If you have ‘Carrie’s War’ then read pages 1-51. If you have ‘Under the Bomber’s Moon’ then read pages 4-27
  • Spelling – Write each of your 8 spelling words (brown jotter) 3 times. Do this at least twice this week.

Friday 1st October.

Here are some pictures of what we have been up to this week!

Meet the Teachers!

Meet the teacher P7

House Captains!

Remember – House Captain Speech videos have to be with Mrs Murray by this Thursday!

You can email your speech to lyndsey.murray@eastayrshire.org.uk or you could send the to the school mobile: 07920723181

Remember to let your teacher know if you need help.

House Captain Speech homework

Monday 27th September

PE on Monday and Wednesday this week and remember we have rugby on Friday! Homework for this week is:

• Reading – Personal reading or MyON- try to spend at least 15 minutes per night.
  • Spelling – Create a rainbow picture of your spelling words.
  • Maths – Top Marks games – try coconut multiples!

Friday 24th September

There are two very useful Powerpoints in the main blog page to help parents/carers learn a little more about ‘Phonological Awareness’ and ‘Helping Children to Listen’.

Please click on the links below to take you straight there:

Teaching Children to Listen

Speech sounds development webinar for families in East Ayrshire

Tuesday 21st September

I hope you all had a good holiday weekend!

P.E. is on Wednesday as usual! Homework for this week is:

• Maths – Practice your times tables, Topmarks – Hit the Button – is good for this. Complete your games allocated on Active Learn.
  • Reading – Personal reading book – try to spend at least 15 minutes per night.
  • Spelling – Aim for 15 minutes on Nessy  per night or try a literacy activity on Education City.

Remember you can email Mrs Chaudhary & Mrs Murray on:

lyndsey.murray@eastayrshire.org.uk

carmen.chaudhary@eastayrshire.org.uk

Friday 10th September

Here are some photos of what we have been up to this week . . .

Monday 6th September

Good afternoon!

This week’s P.E. days are Monday & Wednesday. Please come ready for P.E. on those days.

This week’s homework is . . .

• Spelling – practise your spelling words for your check-up on Friday. Ideas can be found in the document attached below.
  • Reading – Read your personal reading book or read on My ON for at least 15 minutes per night.
  • Maths – practise your times tables! This is in preparation for working on rounding to estimate! You can do this in any way you choose.  Some ideas include: Topmarks, Education City, getting someone at home to ask you questions, etc.

Spelling ideas

As always, you can contact either Mrs Chaudhary or Mrs Murray on:

lyndsey.murray@eastayrshire.org.uk

carmen.chaudhary@eastayrshire.org.uk

Friday 3rd September

Well that is the end of our second week of P7.

This week we have:

• learned about evacuees & the leaders of WW2
  • worked on place value & rounding in maths
  • practised note-taking
  • learned about BRACKETS
  • the biggest spelling assessment EVER!
  • talked about how to calm down when stressed or angry
  • read more of our book study Adolphus Tips

Here are some photos:

Monday 30th August 

Good afternoon Team Supreme! 

Below is your homework for this week. Please complete by Friday 3rd September. Your P.E. days this week are Monday & Wednesday.

Please email if you have any questions!

lyndsey.murray@eastayrshire.org.uk

carmen.chaudhary@eastayrshire.org.uk

Homework

Personal Reading or My ON: 15 minutes per night.

Nessy: Play at least twice this week (If you have competed Nessy, please choose a spelling activity on Education City).

Active Learn: You have been assigned three games for ordering numbers. Choose either 1 dot, 2 dot or 3 dot depending on how you feel about ordering numbers.

Hellooooo New Team!! 

Miss Millar here, your teacher for your last EVER year of Mauchline Primary! How exciting! I am very much looking forward to having you next year.

You are a very special class to me as you will be the FIRST class I will have as Mrs Murray as I get married this summer! But don’t worry if you forget & call me Mrs Murray, the name change will be weird for me too!

Seen as we sadly cannot get together this year to get to know each other, your P6 teacher will give you an All About Me sheet for you to fill out. This is VERY important as it means I can read it & get to know you all a bit before you start with me in August. So read the sheet carefully & make sure you get all of the information on it that you think I should know about you.

PLP – All About Me – second

Here is a little about me . . . .

• I get married on the first of July & I am very excited! We are having a Harry Potter theme 🙂 I will show you pictures in August!
  • I live in Kilmarnock with my fiance & my two dogs.
  • My dog’s names are black & white Sprocker Spaniels called Lewis & Harris.
  • I play netball & I go to a running club. I also go to the gym.
  • I love reading!

I will tell you more when I see you but if there is anything else that you want to share with me, feel free to email me on:

lyndsey.millar@eastayrshire.org.uk

East Ayrshire site