Virtual classroom meeting – Tuesday 19th @11:00 am

Dear Parents here are the log in details for our virtual classroom platform Vscene (at the bottom of this post ) There are various ways of logging in described below . The big button on the right will also take you  direct to the platform where you can add your name and the Pin which you will receive by text.

These details will be the same each time or day you log into the virtual class.

Virtual Vscene Lesson Invite – Help Sheet for Pupils and Parents

The Vscene platform is a secure platform and approved for use within East Ayrshire to deliver lessons to pupils unable to login to MSTeams independently. Your child does not need their own Vscene login to join a lesson, the login option on the website is purely for EAC admin staff.  We will not ask you for anything other than your name and no digital data will be collected or stored.

For the best experience we would recommend using a device which is connected to your home wifi.  A device with a camera and microphone will enable you to interact during the session but if this is unavailable you can still listen and attend to session.

There are two ways to join a session.  If using a laptop or desktop via the weblink or if using a tablet or phone via the App.  Support details can be found in the table below:

Desktop or Laptop Tablet or Phone
Use the link below to automatically open the join meeting page.

Supported Browsers*

·       Google Chrome: Two most recent versions

·       Mozilla Firefox: Two most recent versions

·       Opera: Two most recent versions

·       Microsoft Edge Chromium

Browsers Not Supported*

·       Safari

·       Microsoft Edge

(this can be updated to Edge Chrome)

·       Internet Explorer

On your device download the Vscene App from the App/Play Store.  This is a free download App.

Enter the Vroom number found below, your name and if pin (this is optional)

Or if you would rather you can join the meeting via phoning the number below.

The meeting room will only be available for the time of the meeting. As you will see from above at no point are you asked to register with an email address or input any personal data.

Your session has a secure pin number this will be sent out separately by text.

Hardware and Software

Minimum Requirements

• USB 2.0 for USB camera and audio USB 2.0 for USB camera and audio devices
  • We recommend where possible to use a headset when using any browser-based system.
  • If required you can use speakers and a separate microphone, but we recommend they are

not in close proximity to each other as this may create audio feedback.

• Laptops will have built in camera and mic which is compatible with the Vscene platform

Operating Systems

• Windows 10
  • Windows 7, 8.1 until Extended Support ends
  • Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later

Session Details

Session Title: EAC_Logan PS_Julie Deans_Daily Check-In
Details: Class Check-In and Feedback
Date/s & Time/s: Daily at 11.00am starting Monday 18/01/21
Weblink: https://app-proxy.vscene.net/r/3TtkDpFXU5
Vroom number: 1419088
Telephone Option: Call +44 (0)300 201 0142 then enter the extension 1419088#

Home learning 18.01.21

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mrs Webb and I are so proud of how well you’ve all been working. We have had some great examples of work sent to us. Keep sending us all of your hard work!

Tomorrow at 11am we are excited to be having our first live check in with you! We really hope that you are all able to join in. We will be sending out more details by text.

Don’t forget that your packs are in school ready to be collected. 

READING

New books for the week have been allocated in your Bug Club account. Please read them through. You can listen to the book being read and then have a go reading yourself. Your reading task for today is to complete the bug questions on each page.

Ladybirds- Pippa’s Pets: Scaredy Cat

Glow-worms- Rat and Cat in The Dance

Spiders- Look Up, Look Down

Every Bug Club book has a list of key words and some tricky words to practise inside the front cover that we usually go through on flashcards in class. Make sure you can read them all and look out for them in your book. If there are any you find difficult, make a flashcard for each and keep going over them along with any of the common words you are working on. (the insides of cereal boxes are ideal to cut up for flashcards)

SPELLING

Click the link below for your new phoneme lesson, spelling list and activities to complete.

ea Phoneme lesson

MATHS

We had some great number pattern work last week. I have created another task to practise counting forwards and back within 30 and have a further challenge to count forward and back in 5s today.

Use your laminated hundred square and whiteboard pen from your pack to help you find the counting in 5 pattern. It should go 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30…

Some of the digits are difficult to write properly.  I have made a sway with number formation rhymes to help you! Use these to practise writing any digits you have been finding tricky. Writing them over and over can help you get used to it.

Sway Number Formation Rhymes

I can continue number patterns to 30

I can count in 5s number patterns

30 MINUTE FITNESS

It’s important that we stay active to keep our bodies and minds healthy. My challenge to you today is to take part in 30 minutes of activity. You can choose what that activity is. I’m going to take part too; I’m really hoping it’s not too rainy so I can get out a walk with Evan and Blair. Send me an email telling me what you chose. Have fun and stay safe!

Mrs D 🙂