Homework W.B Monday 7th February

P4/5 Homework Week Beginning 7th February

Please find your weekly homework tasks below. If you have any problems or questions, let me know. Homework is due on Thursday.

Spelling

Parrots- Copy your words another 2 times. Complete 6 sentences using a different spelling word each time. Try using your connectives and or but.

Blue- Copy your words another 2 times. Choose 3 activities from the spelling menu to complete. This would ideally be an activity every night. Remember to write the name of the activity that you are completing.

Green- Copy your words another 2 times. Choose 3 activities from the spelling menu to complete. This would ideally be an activity every night. Remember to write the name of the activity that you are completing.

Yellow- Copy your words another 2 times. Choose 3 activities from the spelling menu to complete. This would ideally be an activity every night. Remember to write the name of the activity that you are completing.

Reading

Chimps: An Awfully Beastly Business: Saving a Sea Monster (Chapter 1)

Sloths: Double Trouble (Chapter 3 and 4)

Toucans: Tick Tock Unfix the Clock (Chapter 5) & Mae in the Middle: Music Master (Chapter 5)

Parrots: Zip and Zap at the Zoo

Remember to practise reading aloud every night. This will help you develop your pace, tone and fluency.

Calculators: Complete the 6 sums in your numeracy homework jotter. Remember to lay these out correctly and use a ruler. Pick one activity from the times table menu to complete.

Rulers: Complete the 8 sums in your numeracy homework jotter. Remember to lay these out correctly and use a ruler. Pick one activity from the times table menu to complete.

IDL

Primary 4- Continue to practise your poem ‘My Hoggie’ by Robert Burns. There will be a whole school competition which will be held after the February weekend. I would encourage you to practise your poem aloud every night. Remember I am available at play time to listen to you practising.

Primary 5- Continue to practise your poem ‘Willie Wastle’ by Robert Burns. There will be a whole school competition which will be held after the February weekend. I would encourage you to practise your poem aloud every night. Remember I am available at play time to listen to you practising.