Phonics and Spelling
Learning Intention: We are learning the sound ‘ai’. We are learning the words ‘said’, ‘big’, ‘could’.
- Practise spelling your common words in your spelling jotter 3 times.
- Complete the sheet “Find and Write the ‘ai’ words” that was sent home with your homework.
- Log into Sumdog and complete the challenge “Phonics – 07.06”.
Learning Intention: We are learning to use the sounds we know to read words.
- Practise reading all of your common words.
- Log into Bug Club and choose one book to read, remember to complete the bugs.
- Children in the Elves and Fairies only: Read the reading book that has been sent home in your bag.
Reminder: Please return this book on Friday. This book will then be quarantined to comply with COVID-19 guidelines.
Maths and numeracy
Learning Intention: We are practising our numeracy skills.
- Log into Sumdog and complete the practise work “Numeracy- 07.06”.
|Talk Together Homework
Talk together homework is designed to develop your child’s talking and listening skills. This will help them with other aspects of literacy.
v Make sure there are no distractions.
v Try and sit face to face
v Don’t ask too many questions
v The discussion could last between 5-15mins.
This week, talk about the following question:
Would you rather jump into a pool of custard or jump into a pool of jelly? Why?